A powerful encouragement for anyone who has wrestled with their faith.
My circumstances might not have been as dramatic as the father begging Jesus for a miracle, but I felt just as desperate in my faith. Feeling lost in a spiritual desert, this was the most honest prayer I could offer. Can you relate to struggling in your faith but longing to believe?
Faith is tidy and neat for some, never unwavering and always so sure. And maybe that’s how you used to feel, but now your once-sure beliefs are less certain, the prescribed faith of your youth no longer enough.
Perhaps life isn’t turning out like you thought it would. Heartbreak and challenges stir doubt. Sunday school answers fall short. God seems distant. Inviting you to find hope and healing in your own story within the pages of mine, in For All Who Wander, I want to help you:
- Abandon the guilt and shame attached to your questions or doubts.
- Broaden your understanding of God’s grace and faithfulness.
- Release hostage-holding lies to enable you to embrace your identity, hope, and value in Christ.
- Reframe your view of difficulties and disappointments as you understand their redemptive and transformative value.
- Trust that God is working in your wandering to restore and strengthen your faith.
As you walk through my story, you’ll find out for yourself that sometimes wandering is the path that leads you back to God.
from the blog
A year ago, you and I were looking forward to a New Year! A new decade! 2020--a year of perfect vision! Also, this time, last year, I was two weeks away from launching my first book. It was an exciting season, brimming with joy and expectation. For All Who Wander is my recollection of wrestling...