In the blogosphere, it’s always nice to discover a blogmate giving you a shoutout for a post you’ve written here or there. If it’s accompanied by a little sidebar bling, well that’s even more fun. But if the shoutout publicly compliments you for all the world to see (or at least the 12 people who read you), well that’s some mighty fine chocolate icing on the proverbial cake.
Last week, Miss Mary(Mert) at Almost Somewhat Positive awarded me the "Thinking Blogger" award and in the process said some pretty sweet somethings about yours truly. Not only was I tagged to do the same for five others, I was touched by her thoughtfulness:).
Well, in vintage Pensieve fashion, I haven’t gotten around to giving out my own T.B. awards (I’m already behind on the "7-song music meme", courtesy of Willowtree, and the "Real Moms tag" from Stephanie at Mama Drama). Since I’ve linked to them in previous posts, and most peeps who read me already know what these are, I’m not linking or explaining here.
That being said, apparently, procrastination has its advantages–while waiting to complete my own awardmentation of Thinking Bloggers, I was again knighted with this honor not once, not twice, not even thrice, but FOUR more times! Wow………y’all know how to get a bigtime grin outta me while completely humbling me, fill my tank (each of you KNOWS I’m a "words of encouragement" girl) AND blow some mighty billowy wind up my skirt!! Warm, heartfelt thanks to Lizzie at A Dusty Road, Karmyn at Dreaming What Ifs, Kathy, better known as Swampwitch, at Anecdotes and some other "A" words and Susan, whose blog begs the question "Are We There Yet?" (Susan has three little ones, lol). The four of you (five, including MM mentioned above) were among the first real cyberpals in my little bloggity community, and it would be a delight to have you over for coffee with half and half, sugar, and if you insist, Splenda.
Honestly, most of my original "choices" have ALL received nominations already, some more than one :/…I will play a nice version of Switzerland and not disclose who they are, but rest assured, if you think "you" were on the shortlist, you’re right;). With that in mind, I’ve veered in another direction…I’m awarding Thinkin’ Bloggidy-boos to some writers who wouldn’t expect it from me and quite possibly will not pick up this tag. It’s the rebel-non-conformist in me today…just how I’m feelin’ this morning.
1) Ree, Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. Can you believe I’m awarding this to a blogger who has, in less than a year, amassed a following that daily blows enough air up her skirt that she could make it to Mars and back? But the award IS "Thinking Blogger", and on her contest days, I take a look at the photo du jour, and mentally compose captions the rest of the day. It’s an obsession…and I’ve yet even to come close to a mentionable entry. Couple that with her photography/photoshop tutorials, rancher education, cooking classes, and exemplary writing, and I think you’ll quickly agree with me.
2) E-mom, Chrysalis. This site is a Christian e-zine, and as noted in her profile, it’s full of "inspiration, compelling quotes, books, and web links". It is a v e r y informative site, and I think would be of interest to those who aren’t practicing or professing Christians; here, you’d learn much about the faith without feeling proselytized. E-mom and I go way back, too, she’s one who shared my original Blogger template design, and in my early blogging days, I was automatically drawn to those who looked "familiar". She’s a wonderful commentor and takes time to read your post completely, think about how she’s going to respond, and then give you more than a "obligatory" word or two.
3) Heather, Fumbling for Words. I don’t read Heather often, but when I do, I think, "Why don’t I read her more often?" Her comments here have been well thought out, and she reminds me it’s nice to branch out among different bloggers.
4) Grace, Emerging Grace. Grace has a way of blowing my mind with her posts…I seldom comment to her deeper, more provocative posts, she’s way out of my league. I like her mind; the way she thinks and communicates VERY untraditionally about her faith is challenging to me. I really think about what she’s written (hence, the award, lol). If you go back and read her older stuff, you’ll see her "story" more completely…it’s worth it if you want to see the progression…evolution of a person’s dynamic, changing faith paradigm. (huh??) Just read her.
5) Heather, L’Chaim. Dang it, Willowtree already tagged her, but she is the one person I’m including in this list even though I know she’s already been nominated. Heather is young, sharp and D.E.E.P. She’s an aspiring novelist and I have every reason to believe she’s gonna "make it"–she definitely has what it takes! She knows I have to absorb her posts before commenting; she often articulates very well something I’ve already been thinking–she’s able to flesh out my thoughts better than I can! I appreciate that about her.
The participation rules (from the originator) are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).
was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative
content, and above all – blogs that really get you thinking! It is the
first time I am starting something with my blog so I hope it doesn’t
come back to haunt me.
Happy link-love-sharing, whatever it is!
One meme down, two to go :/.
I’m going to have to start my own award… just like Swampy did.
This was the most difficult meme I’ve ever put off doing.
YOu named two new thinkers that I will have to visit over the weekend.
Late for work. Always late for work.
Your award is well-deserved, and most particularly for your “thinkful” comments around the blogosphere. Thanks too for bestowing the same honor upon me!!!
After all this whoopla, I’m getting ready to take a little bloggy vacation after Easter. Have a blessed celebration, and I’ll check in again in a week or so. HUGS!
Pamela, I know…why do you think it took me so long? Then again, I still haven’t fooled w/the other two that are in the wings :/.
E-mom, hope you enjoy your time away…you’ve been consistent since day one, so I think you’ve earned it (not to mention all that’s been going on in your neck of the woods!).
You and Heather are two genuinely deserving winners. I would have nominated you myself, but it seemed everywhere I went you were already nominated, so I went with ones who were less likely to be nominated. (I’m still amazed no-one thought of Heather).
Anyway, well done – you deserve it.
Peter, n i c e…and thank you from the bottom…top…and middle of my heart :).
You so SMART!
I’m givin’ you a piece of my mind.
There no charge of any kind.
Try a very simple test.
You should just retrace your steps.
And think back, back a little bit baby.
Back, back alright.
Think, think, think back baby.
Think, think back a bit girl.
Think, think, think back baby!!
Stephanie, you really…REALLY need to do a video blog sometime soon…or at least an audio!
I’ll have to check a couple of these out.
Okay – my bloglines is NOT lighting up. You wrote this yesterday? dang.
I know, K…I’m missing some illumination, too. Well, that and probably missin’ a few other things as well, lol.
Thanks! I’m honoured!
Caught your near-nomination at L’Chaim. Suck power over at Paper Lanterns is now approaching mockature 7!
(That was very sweet to say, BTW.)
🙂 ! 🙂 ! 🙂 !
I mentioned to you over at my blog that I am really much more shallow than my posts sound (hence the foot avatar!)
I will continue the meme sometime next week.
K, I hate it when that happens :/.
Heather, I’ve seen I’m not the only one who think so :)…glad you’ve heard it from more than me!
Erin, I think you totally ROCK! And I hope I can join you for a soulperblog go-round soon :/ :).
Grace, I can’t imagine who’ll you’ll choose; you’ve DEFINITELY got some deep and heady thinkers in your corner!