Swampwitch tagged me with another one of those "More than you really wanna know about me" memes, and since I
rarely almost never always respond to tags right away, here’s an attempt to divulge just a few more juicy tidbits bore you to tears with the minutia of my little life:
1) While I haven’t had the pleasure of swimming with dolphins (yet!), I have had the pleasure of "swimming" with Barry Manilow. Does that need further explanation?
2) I’ve had the pleasure of having two stepmothers–one was nine years older than me, the other was five years older than me…and no, those aren’t numeric typos. Technically, I never considered the second one a step-mom, she and my dad married long after I was out of the home and married myself.
3) Writing poetry is a pleasure to me; reading it is not always. I’m not proud of that. (**I’m talking about the classics I’m "supposed" to appreciate..epics that anesthetize me rather than inspire….)
4) Although I wore braces for a not-very-pleasurable two years and two months–including the very fashionable full headgear–I still had a gap between my two front teeth for years. I decided to remedy that when I got married (what bride wants the Bugs Bunny effect in her bridal portrait?). My orthodontist cemented a "temporary" little bar behind my teeth.
It’s still there over 20 years later (the bar, not the gap). :/.
5) I was a Stampin’ Up "D e m o n s t r a t o r" for a year (note the loose use of that word). Although it was an absolute delight and pleasure to teach others "art therapy through stamping", I led only one workshop. I just received a letter last week from them informing me I had not yet cashed a commission check and they needed me to (or to re-issue another one if I lost it) in order to clear their books.
It was for five dollars and change … wooohoooo, Happy Meal, here I come!
6) One of my
not guilty pleasures is to drink libations–"stale or sparkling" ;)–with cranberry, pomegranate or orange juices, but I won’t eat fresh cranberries, pomegranates or orange slices.
7) My parents did not find it necessary to give me a middle name when I was born. It is NOT a pleasure in first grade to be the only person in your class who doesn’t have one. Undaunted, I created my own middle name.
Eventually, I plan to write about that last one…it’s been in the queue since I started blogging.
The "rules" are:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
First word of this post…check.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share 7 facts about yourself.
I can NEVAH remember what I’ve already shared…are any of these repeats?
4) Tag 7 random people and include links to their blogs.
Shoot…it’s a BUSY time of year for all of us…I’m not sure who’s done this and who hasn’t, but here are my
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.