Tiggerlane the Neophyte Blogger, as hostess of this week’s Fun Monday, asked participants, "Have you heard of The Bucket List? Well, that’s what I want from you! Make a list of things you want to do before you die. It must be at least
five items – and you can make it as long as you desire. Photos are
optional. And let’s hear about some of the wackiest, most bizarre
to-do’s on your Bucket."
Not having seen the movie yet, I understand the premise but lack imagination. If I gave this serious thought, surely a few wackies and bizarros would land on the list…instead, here are some thoughts bordering on the simple and ordinary:
- Swim with the dolphins. Seriously. (not to be confused with "swimming with the fishes", since dolphins aren’t fish and I don’t owe the mob any money).
- Meet Paula Deen and if I was REALLY lucky, cook beside her!
- Cheer our children through college and their careers…and love the people they choose for a mate.
- Hold all our grandchildren and live long enough to get to KNOW them :).
- Travel to all 50 U.S. States (even if I’ll have to be medicated to make it to Alaska and Hawaii).
- Organize all our pictures :/.
- "Do" something more with my writing (secret hopes, secret dreams).
- To grow in my faith so deeply, people really don’t see so much of "me" anymore…to know Christ so intimately, I "look" more like him in words, actions, thoughts (John 3:30).
Hmmm, it might be really FUN to come up with a working list of "Life To-Dos". If you aren’t participating with Fun Monday this week, what are a few of your thoughts?