- The easiest dessert in the world to make.
- The best dessert in the world to eat.
- A crowd pleaser EVERY time.
- A substitute for birthday cake (if you're my youngest son, per his request).
To prove #1 above, I offer the recipe:
I scribbled the recipe on a Post It note & it's been attached to the inside pocket of my tattered recipe book for about 18 years!
It doesn't sound like it would be that spectacular. I mean, come on…pudding and Cool Whip? But EVERY time I make it, I'm asked for the recipe and no one believes it's as simple as it is.
Chocolate Eclair Dessert
- 2 pkgs French Vanilla Jell-O Pudding
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (okay to use more 🙂 )
- 3 cups milk
- Almost a whole box of graham crackers
Mix together the pudding and milk; then gently stir in the Cool Whip. Using an ungreased 9×12 glass casserole dish, line the bottom with graham crackers; evenly pour half the pudding mixture over them. Add another layer of graham crackers then the remainder of the pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
Clearly, this is a "forgiving" recipe…you just slop in everything and it magically binds together into pure unadulterated deliciocity.
The final layer, prior to adding chocolate topping.
Note: Use any recipe for the chocolate topping–even canned if you're in a hurry–but the following is what I always use:
- 2 squares bakers chocolate, melted
- 2 Tblsp butter, melted
- 2 Tblsp corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
- 2-3 Tblsp milk
Mix together, then spread over top layer of grahams.
Your turn: If you have an easier/best-i-er recipe you're willing to share, please leave a link or the recipe itself in comments…it can even be an archived post, just as long as it's yummy!