You already know about Haiti's devastation…loss of property…loss of life. You've seen graphic, heart-shredding images. You've intended to contribute support, but maybe you haven't gotten around to it yet.
I'm asking you to stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW, get out your credit card and give. There are many reputable organizations to consider, but if you aren't already involved with one, I'm urging you to make a donation to Compassion International.
- The FBI is warning of several Haiti charity scams that have popped up in the wake of this earthquake.
are suggesting donations only be made to organizations monitored
and rated by CharityNavigator.org and The American Institute of
Philanthropy. Both organizations have given Compassion International
their highest approval ranking. Compassion International is the only
non-profit in it's category to receive eight consecutive years of four-star rating from CharityNavigator.org.
- It is crucial first responders receive support
quickly. Because Compassion International ministers through local
churches to meet the needs of that church's neighbors, and because
these church partners are respected aid workers in their communities,
Compassion is uniquely positioned to assess and meet the needs of it's
sponsored children quickly. This is an advantage of our church-based
model in practice for more than 50 years.
In Jesus' name
- Compassion International does not accept government funds which could
at times restrict our ability to meet the physical and spiritual needs
of children in Jesus' name. Because of this Compassion International's
primary financial support comes from individual donors.
How donations will be used
funds raised in response to the Haiti earthquake will be used
immediately to provide for Compassion-assisted children and families
affected by this crisis. Any funds raised in excess will be stewarded
by Compassion for additional and future disaster relief efforts.
Please provide immediate relief today:
- $35 helps provide a relief pack filled with enough food and water to sustain a family for one week.
- $70 gift helps care for their needs for two weeks.
- $105 helps provide relief packs filled with enough food and water to sustain two families for two weeks.
- $210 gift helps care for two families' needs.
- $525 helps provide relief packs filled with enough food and water to sustain 10 families for two weeks.
- $1,050 gift helps care for 10 families' needs.
- $1,500 helps rebuild a home.
- $2,100 helps supply 20 families with the basics for three weeks.
Due to the high number of responses it may take longer than normal to process your transaction.
Click for updated information: