Typically Around/About is a collection of links I love, sites I like, interesting reads or cool happenings nearby, but since Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is in town (the family will learn who they are TOMORROW!!!) I thought it'd be fun to share how you can help support the build if you live in or near Chattanooga… or in some cases, even if you don't!
~ Make a difference for thousands of local familes:
- Donate heavy non-perisable items to the Extreme Food Drive. Our goal is 310,000 pounds of food, to surpass all other Extreme Makeover: Home Edition community food drives to date! Collection venues are popping up all over town!
- Attend a FREE Couponing Workshop on February 15 offered by the generous gals at Time2Save!!
~ Attend a Special Event:
- Mountain Grove Bluegrass Band Benefit Concert on February 12 (two times to choose!)
- Make it Over with Music at The Honest Pint, February 13 (music from local bands all…day…long!)
- Attend the Big Hearts Bash, February 17 (includes great food, music & silent auction offerings)
- Attend the Colt Ford Benefit Concert on February 16th.
- Attend Echoing Angels concert on February 18 at Metro Tab; admission is 5 HEAVY non-perishable items for Extreme Food Drive.
~ Wear your Extreme Pride. Buy a tee shirt.
Tee shirts are available for $15 at First Tennesse Banks in the area.
Wanna know anything else? Check out the Big Hearts Wear Hardhats and builder Extreme Vision Homes website!
Your turn: Tell me something FUN happing in your neck of the woods or please share your favorite link from the past week (even if it's a post of your own!).