A parenting series that doesn't build from one post to the next; rather, it's a collection of thoughts and advice from a mama who's been there, doing that, intended as encouragement, not dogma. I hope you'll check in every day to see if I'm speaking to YOU! ~ ?
Ten things to teach your children
before they leave home for good
- How to clean their bathroom, properly.
- How to separate, wash, dry and fold the laundry.
- Basic concepts of money management, including saving, giving to others and planning ahead.
- How to sew on a button.
- The right way to use jumper cables.
- Map reading skills for when you're out of range for a GPS.
- How to cook at least three things.
- How to check the air in a car's tires and how to change a tire.
- How to calculate a tip for a meal.
- How to fill out a job application and interviewing skills.
Ten random thoughts with a million others yet to be named. Add your voice in comments? What do you think every tween and teen needs to know before leaving home?
Missed a post? Here ya go!
Day 1: Introduction to 31 Days of Parenting Teens & Tweens
Day 2: Intentional parenting and developing a parenting philosophy
Day 4: Give 'em a push