Hey guys, if you’re short on time, check out the "Snackalicious Super Dishes FAQs!!
Continuing what I began earlier today…
This month I have the pleasure of hosting and selecting the theme for Rebecca Writes’ "Recipe Round Up".
Because RRU usually takes place mid-month, I thought
it’d be too late to post New Year’s Day recipes, so I opted for a
theme centered around a little football game that occurs
later in the month; this year, it comes so late, it takes place on January
34th! I emailed Rebecca and told her I’d like "Crowd-pleasers" to be January’s theme and she said that was just fine.
I’ve really enjoyed this monthly carnival and hoped that
the a few of my regular readers would discover it and want to join in, too.
Well, my bunny trail-hoppin’ brain
jumped from one thing to another and imaginary scents from Boo Mama’s Souptacular were still teasing my olfactory senses and I’ve been wanting an excuse to make holiday bacon appetizers and I thought how fun it’d be to have a big ol’ recipe swap and then everything collided and (breathe) SHAZAAM–
I couldn’t help it, y’all…once the idea started incubating, it had to be hatched!
Here are the details:
- This month’s Rebecca’s "Recipe Round Up" and Pensieve’s "Snackalicious Super Dishes" are joining forces.
- Any time between now and Friday, January 25, post a recipe for your favorite crowd-pleasin’ dish–it can be a main course, appetizer or dessert, but I’m thinking anything that would make for a tailgating good time–Super Bowl Sunday or at your next pot luck.
- On January 25th, link your recipe post to the Mr. Linky that will be displayed here at Pensieve.
- The first ten bloggers who post the Snackalicious Super Dishes Button in their sidebar and link back to
this explanation postthe FAQs PAGE (in the left sidebar), and at the same time email their snail mail to me (even if they’ve already emailed it to me in the past), will receive a sampling of Noni’s Homemade Buttermints. Those are good, y’all.
- If you’d like an email reminder, please email me and I’ll add you to the group (put "SSD reminder" in the subject line). If my link isn’t working above, you can reach me at pensieve (dot) love (at) gmail (dot) com
- This will give you plenty of time to surf through recipes that sound snackalicous to YOU, and you can add them to your own Super Bowl party fixins (for me, it’ll be Super Bowl Commercial party fixins…just sayin’…).
- To make it worth your while, I’ll be giving away a baker’s dozen of cookbooks from my personal collection. Some of them have been used a little, others hardly at all, some were gifts, others I bought, but there are DELICIOUS recipes in each of them.
- You can receive up to three entries for a cookbook–one for linking your recipe on the 25th (required to be eligible), one for writing a brief post about "Snackalicious Super Dishes", and one for adding the button to your sidebar. To help me keep track of it, it’d be REEAL nice if you emailed me with "Snackalicious Super Dishes" (or SSD) in the subject line with links to your blog and post…not required, just helpful.
- Any more questions? Please email.
I’m getting hungry just thinkin’ about it.
But now that I’m nearing the end of my post, I’m getting nervous, too…vewry nervous.
What if I build it and no one comes :/
? Y i k e s….
To pique your curiosity, here’s a look at the cookbooks you can win.
I KNOW there are some FABULOUS recipes in your stash…I’m hoping you’ll wanna share them with a few of your bloggity friends!
p.s. Oooo! It’s a backwards Wednesday at Rocks In My Dryer…I just realized I have an entry for that, too :).