If you live in or near Chattanooga, what can I say to persuade you to head out to the 11th Annual 4 Bridges Arts Festival today or tomorrow? Will pictures do? The Festival, produced by the Association for Visual Arts (AVA), is hosted at the First Tennessee Pavilion downtown.
Top Ten Reasons You MUST Attend!
1. The weather forecast for both days is SPECTACULAR!
2. You will be welcomed with open arms by the 150 artists exhibiting their painting, glasswork, jewelry, textiles, furniture, sculpture and more.
3. A signature event for Chattanooga, 4 Bridges Arts Festival has earned earned special recognition in the Art Fair SourceBook as one of the Top 100 Fine Art Fairs for 2011. The diversity and strenth of talent is astonishing.
4. Seven hundred artists applied; 150 were selected. You're going to see the best of the best.
5. The artists are eager to talk to you! Whether or not you're interested or able to purchase, they're grateful for those who express interest in their work. Last year I was heartened by several artists I met, who were genuinely thrilled when I shared my enthusiasm for their work. I wish I could have supported them with a purchase; instead I lavished them with praise then and my words now :).
6. You'll discover the beauty and artistic value in places you've never before noticed.
7. Because I have artisan friends who create jewelry, I'm especially glad to see jewelry craftsman included at 4 Bridges. Interestingly, they were the most likely to decline my request to photograph their work.
8. Photography. Oh, my, it is exquisite! The depth and capture of images inspired me to produce better work, to see with wider eyes. I really wanted a few of the framed pictures on display!
10. It's fun for all! Live music from local and regional performers; a Kids' Art Creation Area is free and open to children of all ages, offering original art projects from trained art educators.
: : : : : : : :
These are my remembrances from last year's festival, with the 4 Bridges Arts Festival website filling in some details. Attending is a wonderful way to spend a few hours, support the Scenic City arts community and beyond, and be inspired to create something of beauty yourself.
Your turn: Got a favorite picture? Click on any to supersize the image and let me know. Have you been to the 4 Bridges Arts Festival, or if you're not in Chattanooga, is there a similar venue in your hometown? Do tell!!
I hope to see you there!