Bacon + Chocolate = ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!
I found the recipe (and photo) on Yumsugar who originally discovered it on Partysugar. Which suddenly makes me wanna rename my blog Dancesugar except that just sounds wrong.
Go. Make. Eat. Enjoy.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Homemade Chocolate-covered Bacon
- 6-8 slices thick cut, best-quality bacon
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted (optional for garnish(
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven, until bacon is cooked to your liking. 15 minutes for soft bacon, 20 minutes for crispy bacon.
- Let bacon cool on the parchment paper for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Meanwhile set up a double boiler. Heat a large saucepan filled with water over high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Set a heat-proof bowl over the simmering water. Add the chocolate chips and stir with a fork until smooth and completely melted.
- Cover another baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using tongs, carefully dip the bacon into the melted chocolate turning to coat all sides in chocolate. Transfer to the clean sheet of waiting parchment paper. Repeat with remaining slices of bacon.
- Drizzle with the white chocolate, if desired.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is hard.