1) He’s got pneumonia….(if you read my post from the wee hours of the morning…:/).
2) and had to receive an injection of rocephin, which lasted about 20 seconds, which is equal to about 1,000 years when you’re the mother, watching your
nine year old baby lie on his side quietly-but-bravely whimpering with oversized tears spilling out of his eyes…
3) which might have been avoided IF I had taken him to the doctor yesterday…
4) but I’m thrilled to have a nearby doc with office hours on Saturday as the normal course of business….
5) who actually gives you his cell and home number in case of "questions or concerns"…
6) but at least we have a cool CD of the x-ray….
7) and he has the total admiration and sympathy of his older brother and sister who TOTALLY and SIMULTANEOUSLY feel his pain AND feel sorry for him….
8) and he gets a day off of school…
9) and a mother who is totally trying to make up for the fact she waited to take him to the doctor in the first place…
10) which is nothing but money in the bank for a kid his age.
This bug is dangerous.
My 19 month old grandson spent one night last week in the hospital with pneumonia…. and his mom is an ER nurse.
Don’t beat yourself up.
OH NO!!! Poor baby boy!
But – how are you to know? Don’t feel bad – you got him help now and that is what is important. (when do you know it’s pneumonia and not just a really bad cold???)
He’s onto recovery now!
Dude. Motherhood 101 doesn’t prepare us for stuff like this, huh? Poor guy! We’d rather it be us than them…..
My middle one went through an AWFUL dental experience when he was 4(I still freak when I think about it) -needless to say, the kid cashed in on mom for quite awhile.
Praying for a restful night for you all !
oh! I was just there with a poor little kid with a bunch of cavities:(
Speaking of being fired! I said he was only complaining his tooth hurt because he wanted the nifty new Tylenol from Grandma:( MAN!
Poor boys huh!
😉 Happens to the best of us.
Pneumonia? Wow, that’s some serious freakin’ crap…I doubt taking him in yesterday would have made the difference! So sorry to hear your baby is so sick, but glad he’ll be ok. He better milk this one!! 🙂
Poor little guy! I hope he’s feeling much better soon (and milks this for all its worth. ;-D)
That IS a seriously cool X-Ray though! He’ll have to take it to school to show all his friends. 😉
The poor mite, hope he has a speedy recovery.
Did I ever tell you about Mollie’s broken thumb? It was four days before I took her to A7E.
Hope he’s doing better – same thing happened to my oldest back in January, so don’t feel guilty!