This is one of those times I wish I had my finger on the pulse of every Pensieve reader, to tiptoe into your respective minds to know what I could say in an opening sentence to compel you to read the rest of this post.
Please stay…you're not just welcome, you're wanted!
Some of you are regular readers–do you know how grateful I am for you? I don't tell you enough, but I am especially fond of each of you…especially since in an effort to balance online time a bit, I'm not able to respond to every email or comment (I loathe that, btw).
You already know what I'm about to share :).
If you're a new visitor, here for 5 Minutes for Mom's Ultimate Blog Party, instead of taking time to tell you tons of stuff about me when you have so many great blogs to visit, there's just one thing I'd like to share:
I need you!
In just about a month from now, I'll be traveling to Kolkata, India with Compassion International and a team of bloggers to observe Compassion's work there and to write about our experience.
Every time I say that out loud (or type it), I'm stunned all over again…to have opportunity to use my words to give voice to those who have none? To enter into this holy work? To be tasked with communicating the stories to which we bear witness?
I know you're busy–the Ultimate Blog Party keeps you hopping! But I'm gonna be bold and ask for a few things (then I'm gonna have fun and throw in a different sort of giveaway):
- If you haven't already, would you subscribe to my blog (you can also receive it via email by submitting your info in the left sidebar)? That way you'll know when India posts are "live" (April 24-May 2).
- Would you consider adding a Compassion-India badge to your sidebar? Or write a post about the trip and include a badge? If you're willing, please let me know in comments or drop an email to pensieve(dot)me(at)gmail(dot)com and I will send you the code. Compassion has coded our badges so they can identify where visitors are coming from…so I'm VERY appreciative when you agree to do this!! I so want to do a "good job" for the children we'll be visiting, ya know? 🙂
- Gladys Knight had hers, I've got mine! PIPPS–wanna be one? "Pensieve-India Prayer Partner". Okay…hokey…I knowIknow. If you can come up with anything better, I'm totally open to suggestion :). The bottom line–what matters most–is that this trip is saturated in prayer! As you can imagine, there are a lot of details to be ironed out…and to have you come alongside me (us) and pray for and with me? I'm not too proud to beg…or at least put it out there (I'll make some kind of blogroll for those of you who say "yes" to this!)
- Sponsor a child from India. At least visit Compassion's site to learn more; but if you click the badge in this post? Your heart will be pierced, I'm almost certain :).
- Follow me on Twitter and when we're in India, you can hear real-time thoughts (presuming I can access Twitter).
Again, I KNOW you're busy blog hoppin', but to learn more about this trip, I'd love for you to read previous entries; those show much more of my heart :).
In addition to the giveaways Pensieve is sponsoring on the UBP's prize page, I've got two giveaways for commenters to this post:
a $50 contribution to Compassion International in your honor
a softcover copy of Mary DeMuth's "The Daisy Chain" (RV $14.99).
Thank y'all…I'm so excited to meet some new peeps to share in this journey! xo
Cool…look at some of my favorite things being given away–
#26 — $30 gift certificate to Target, provided by: Little Miss Hannah
89 — $100 gift card to HomeGoods, provided by: HG Openhouse