A year ago I met and feel in love with Paul Potts as he rocketed to a win on Britain's Got Talent; with the appearance of Susan Boyle on the scene, it's déjà vu all over again…I'm absolutely smitten with her! Looks like I'm not alone, either. Though Paul Potts' renown seemed to simmer at the speed of crock pot, Susan is cooking microwave fast.
- Today Show hosts Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira interviewed Boyle (with a surprise visit via satellite by Paul Potts).
- Oprah apparently wants a piece of her.
- She's a top trender on Twitter.
- There's already a fan site for her (but I'm afraid someone else is capitalizing on her talent).
- Her BGT audition video has had over 20 million hits on Youtube–20 million!
And the show is still in its audition phase!
She's never been on a date, let alone been kissed. She's unemployed and lives alone with a cat. A few weeks ago, she lived in relative obscurity; today, she's an overnight sensation and everybody knows her name.
The flow of adrenaline from that roller coaster ride is almost palpable…can you imagine the weight that accompanies that kind of media attention and public scrutiny?
Anyway, if you haven't seen her audition, you must watch her version of "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Misérables. Obviously she's the front runner for this year's competition; regardless, she'll come away a winner.
I could see glass slippers on her feet.
Photo credit: Wikipedia