Links I loved, laughed at or learned from…or otherwise thought worthy of your time ~
- I can barely stand to read Ann Voskamp's brilliantly poetic prose because it's like looking at the sun; but in her case, it's like looking at the Son. Its radiance is incomparable, light-giving and life-sustaining greater than any star. Rare, exquisite, and drenched in truth and seeking, "What the Real Holy Experience Is…" will give you a taste.
- Did you hear about the 8-year-old artist whose collective works have sold for a quarter of a million dollars? Autumn de Forest has been compared to Picasso, Warhol and Dali; plus, she's a little charmer!
- VERY helpful information about various types of stain removal; I thought I knew all the tricks. This old dog learned something new!
- We're connected in a couple of ways–(in)courage contributors and Compassion Bloggers–but Kristen has blown me away with her follow-through after her heart was shattered in Kenya. As a result, Mercy House was born. Learn about this inspiring, important, life-giving initiative.
- An interesting read by Tom Hespas in Advertising Age, "How to Use Social Media to Unite Lonely Consumers, Build Brand Loyalty" citing three brands that are getting it right.
- Tori Taff aka Baby Bloomr asks "Did you know that 41% of teens admitted to sending, receiving or forwarding a text that said something sexual, but only 11% of parents thought their teens had ever participated in this type of behavior?!" Somehow she manages to segue from that to one of the FUNNIEST videos I've ever seen!!!
- With over 150 Halloween-decorated mantels, you're bound to get ideas! From The Stories of A2Z.
- If you have teenagers or will some day, be sure to check out Parenting Teens ~ Part 1 and Part 2 at Simple Mom's (don't miss the comment conversation!).