One Thousand Gifts ~ Multitudes on Monday
I'm a lover of words and delight in those who string them together like exquisite pearls or even a chunky beaded necklace; I suppose this is why I'm inclined to share my own on this corner of the web.
But word economy is not my strength! Though I think I've gotten a little better tightening prose through the years, I still struggle with packing dynamite in small packages. Oh, how I admire those who do!
I suppose this is why I often take pictures of signs with my cell phone. But it's not only about brevity, "good" signs make me think or laugh; they inspire or sometimes call me to action. Sometimes they stir memory.
This morning I find myself grateful for a few that have recently crossed my path; everyone of them tells a story :).
51. Artistic expression.
52. A quick get-away with my husband.
53. Seeing beauty through another's perspective.
(Captured by my sweet friend Rachel, A Southern Fairytale)
54. A reminder to carpe diem! Better yet, carpe momentum!!
55. My life–the good, the bad, and even the ugly.
56. This day, every day, to rejoice and be glad.
57. A country that values freedom and responsibility.
58. Those who defend my country.
59. Those who've given their life for my freedom.
60. Modern conveniences.
61. Good manners and common courtesies.
62. Humor in unexpected places.
64. Regarding others more highly than myself.
65. Working for free.
66. The hard things that shape us.
67. Pithy little sayings.
68. Understanding the difference between needs and wants.
69. Dark chocolate with almonds.
71. Word treasure hunts.
73. Family celebrations.
74. The unique, distinct and diverse personalities of each person in my family, and how they all have effect on me.
You're invited to join this community offering of gratitude with multitudes on mondays, hosted by the grace-filled Ann Voskamp.
That’s lovely. Thank you. xoxo
Thank you, Dawn. I wish some of these pics turned out better from my cell phone, but I had to use ’em regardless :).
Love the signs and your blessings this week.
Looking for "signs" or looking for reasons to be grateful–aren't we inclined to find 'em? 🙂
Ooh, I too LOVE dark chocolate with almonds! 🙂
Have a great week!
I loved the collection of signs.
What a fun list.
Funny signs make me smile and laugh, too. I like all the family joys in your list! God bless you and yours this week.
i always think i will remember signs, but i never do. i should start taking pictures! great list.
#66 made me smile on the inside. Thanks for these signs!
Word treasure hunts… love it! These signs are great. Such a neat idea to photograph them! 🙂
I think you string words together much better than you think! Love the list!
Love this – perhaps you’ll enjoy my take on one of your favorite subjects…FEET!:)
I just loved your post here. I’m a sign reader. Anything that is said in a sentence or less is just perfect for me. I think it’s because I’m so wordy when I right. If only I could boil it down into small packages!!!!! Thanks so much —- the pictures were perfect!
visiting from Ann’s today for first time. . . love word treasure hunts . . .collected a few from you today lol all the way. . . ellipses abuser and Mr. Churchill are my favorite. . . but I never knew anyone loved OPI nail color names like me. . . thought we’ve never met, you’d recognize me by my cajun shrimp toes 🙂