~ sponsored by ~
Surprise–back to back posts! I’ll be brief, but each of these things is so important to me (for very different reasons), please DO read to the end.
My (in)courage post, a $10 “They’re Real” Benefit Deal, and Great News for Hope(full)*Writers
Can You See What I See?
Today’s (in)courage post was inspired by several conversations I had while on our annual business retreat, primarily because Patricia Raybon challenged me to write about what I have been learning for a while now. I genuinely hope you’ll read the post and then let me know how it stirs your own thinking. If you’ve never thought that yours is a privileged position, I urge you to pray with an open mind and ask the Holy Spirit to help you to see what you might have previously been missing. Not that I’d dare to be your holy spirit…! Don’t miss the comment thread, either. The readers who have already chimed in this morning are one of the best reasons I’m glad I wrote Can You See What I See.
Get! Out!! $10 for up to $90 worth of make-up and beauty items including Benefit’s They’re Real mascara? Please and thank you!!
I’m a little embarrassed to be touting yet another subscription box service because I’m not exactly a beauty blogger and I don’t want to bombard you with crap you don’t want. I know how this stuff goes. But this deal includes Benefit’s They’re Real mascara, my actual mascara of choice, the mascara I hate paying $25 for but keep coming back to, despite trying other brands friends recommend. Nothing has come close to the wearability of They’re Real, and I begrudgingly shuck out that money time and again (mind you I’m perfectly happy with drugstore blush and lipsticks and glosses). While supplies last, new subscribers can sign up for Allure’s monthly beauty box and receive top-trending, editor-tested makeup and beauty picks with a $50-$90 value for only $10 for 72 hours (less, because I’m posting after the clock started ticking). After this month, boxes are $15/month
Full and deluxe products selected by Allure experts (we test more than 50,000 products a year)
A mini-mag with tips, shortcuts, and step-by-steps
New member gift: A bonus gift valued at $10+ This is what you’re getting if you sign up pronto:
I’m curious to try Allure’s beauty boxes and see what surprises land on my doorstep each month, but mostly I’m excited to get a killer deal on Benefit mascara. They dangled a carrot I couldn’t resist!!
Hope*writers is opening membership next week. Wanna know why I love it?
For those who aren’t familiar, hope*writers is an online community whose sweet spot is encouraging writers at every stage. This means beginners and well-seasoned writers have access to new information; hope*writers has a resource library with content and video from a broad cross-section of professionals–editors, agents, published authors, book marketers, publicists, strategists, and more.
But why I love it most (beyond my longtime affections for Emily Freeman and Myquillyn Smith, sisters and two of the four co-founders), is the smaller circle of writers with whom I’ve connected who are in the same stage and season of writing as me. Their encouragement, experience, and friendship has been incredibly impactful. Plus, at the end of the day, I consider the monthly cost a professional investment that has added real value to my work.
If you want to find out the moment they open the doors for membership, click any of the links that interest you below, provide your email, and they’ll follow up over the days to come.
- Take a quiz to figure out where you are on the hope*writer path
- Pick up the Newbie’s Pocket Guide
- Get answers to the Top 20 Questions Writers Ask
Want a quick summary? Your wish is my demand!
- Read, comment to, and please share (!) Can You See What I See? on (in)courage
- Sign up for Allure’s Beauty Box for just $10 and get up to $90 worth of products including a sample size of Benefit’s They’re Real mascara (which has a RV of $13 itself). If you no likey, just cancel when you want.
- If you’ve ever toyed with trying your hand as a writer, check out hope*writers, provide your email, and be contacted when membership opens next week
- PLEASE read yesterday’s post if you missed it!! I share a book and blog update and tell you about an awesome deal for FabFitFun (but only if you like amazing bargains! Where are my Maxxinista sisters?)
- It blesses me in ways you can’t imagine when you share my writing and/or engage in comments or on social media posts, like my author page, or otherwise reach out. I’m so grateful and “thank you” doesn’t begin to express how appreciative I am for you. Don’t be shy–I want to know you!
Affiliate links included.