Sometimes all I need to try something new is a swift kick in the tail little motivation. It's all too easy for me to reach for the same ol' tried and true recipes, so I was appreciative when One2One Network approached me to try, then share, a few recipes using Carnation Evaporated Milk.
If you're looking for a new breakfast/brunch recipe, I can tell you this: Sunrise Sausage Bake is a WINNER! A departure from my standard "sausage and egg casserole", it's a savory, substantial, delicious recipe that demands a surprise second helping 'cause it's just…so…GOOD!
Follow along and enjoy…!
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lb. precooked sausage links, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper
- 2 green onions (green parts only), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cups 1/2-inch cubed Italian or French bread (about 9 slices)
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine milk, eggs, sausage, cheese, red pepper, green onions, onion powder and
garlic powder in large bowl. Add bread cubes, stirring gently to
moisten bread. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- BAKE for 45 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
- Note: May be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
And, hot out of the oven…!
Eggy, sausage-y, peppery yummalocity! I tested this on my Sunday school class and "everyone" wanted the recipe–it was gone by the end of class! Sunrise Sausage Bake has definitely made it into my "regular rotation", and if you use both red and green peppers (like I did), at Christmas it's even color-coordinated for the season.
Be sure to check out Carnation's Holiday Recipe Guide. I had a hard time choosing which recipe to try because ALL OF THEM sound truly scrumptious!